Regulatory Affairs Training
A one-of-a-kind, two-day training course focused on expanding the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulatory affairs knowledge for commercial aviation personnel.
This highly interactive Regulatory Affairs Training Course will ensure that you are knowledgeable of:
- FAA Flight Standards organization and function of different departments.
- FAA CMO organization, duties, and responsibilities. The functions of FAA CMO positions such as Principal Inspectors, Partial Program Managers, and Assistant Managers.
- Inspection programs and inspector criteria, i.e., surveillance, investigation, complaints, incidents, etc.
- Inspector methods and how to address them.
- Inspector authority and limits.
- Steps for establishing new relationship with the FAA CMO:
- Procedures for checking in and out at your facilities
- Inspector in briefing and out briefing
- Inspector access to facilities, equipment, records and personnel
- Inspector badges
- Actions and timeframe for implementing new operating procedures
- Data to collect
- Standardized reports
- Other line stations and facilities
- Introduction of new procedures to FAA CMO and anticipating FAA reaction.
- FAA investigation process and expected Company response.
- Research resources for FAA regulations, handbooks, policy letters, etc.
- What to look for in an internal investigation as a result of an FAA Letter of Investigation (LOI) and how to respond to an FAA LOI using actual ongoing cases.
- When and how to tell the FAA that you disagree with allegations and how to respond accordingly.
- Procedure (when and how) for elevating an issue to higher authority.
Participants will receive a USB drive of course reference material, FAA resources and a JDA-developed regulatory affairs SOP manual. Upon completion, a Certificate of Regulatory Affairs Training will be supplied.
Taught by our unmatched team of former FAA managers, principal inspectors and legal counsel; JDA's course imparts extensive real-world experience, knowledge and advice to course participants to enable them to more successfully interact with their FAA offices and regions.
Please contact JDA at 301-941-1460 ext 110 or email JDA at email@example.com to schedule a Regulatory Affairs training course for your organization
Who Should Attend?
Any operator representative that interfaces with the FAA; if you communicate, meet or do business with inspectors or other FAA officials, or are involved in the LOC & LOI process, you should not miss this course. If your job does not involve communication with the FAA, but you are still required to follow and be well versed in FAA structure and regulation, you will benefit from this course. Class attendance is limited to 25.
- 37 years aviation and FAA experience in aviation maintenance
- Supervisory Principal Aviation (Airworthiness) Safety Inspector (PAI) working with PMI's and POI's and overseeing the activities of teams of avionics safety inspectors and partial program managers (PPM's.) Directed the certification, surveillance and investigation activities of PPM's
- Regulatory Affairs (RA) interface with senior executives of two major Airlines in the Southwest Region.
J.E. Sandy Murdock
- Former FAA Chief Counsel and acting FAA deputy Administrator
- Former Sr. VP Administration and General Counsel, NBAA
- Adjunct Professor, School of Public Policy, George Mason University
- General Attorney, United Airlines
- Partner, Shaw Pittman
If you are interested in attending the Regulatory Affairs Training course please complete the registration form and a JDA representative will contact you. Course registration is $900 per participant. Individuals that register by September 23, 2013 or organizations that register two or more students receive a $50 discount per person.
What to Bring
Due to the on-line interactive nature of the course, participants are required to bring a laptop computer with Wi-Fi capabilities. All course materials will be supplied by JDA.
To receive a discounted hotel rate of $165 + tax at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, call the hotel directly at 888-421-1442 and ask for the "JDA Reg Affairs Course" rate. Discounts apply to rooms booked by January 18, 2013.
Our Past Attendees include:
- Aero Instruments & Avionics
- Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services
- Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA)
- American Airlines
- Army Fleet Support
- Astar Air Cargo
- Atlantic Southeast Airlines
- CAE, Inc
- Carstens & Cahoon, Mesaba Airlines
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Delta Airlines
- Era Helicopters
- Garofalo Goerlich Hainbach PC
- Goodrich Pump & Engine Controls
- Heritage Flight
- JetBlue Airways
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Pinnacle Airlines
- Science and Engineering Services
- Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Skywest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Aero Systems
- Standard Aero
- Texas Aero Engine Services
- Transport Workers Union Local 565
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- VIH Helicopters
301-941-1460 ext 140
I was very impressed with the JDA Regulatory Affairs training course that I attended. The JDA instructors really knew their stuff and the motivational way they presented the material, as well as their candor during course, was great. It was well worth my time to attend
From the Blog
- Aviation Safety Award is Announced
April 17, 2014
- San Diego’s ARTport should be commended
April 17, 2014
- Do not assume that a carrier is operating unsafely based solely an FAA enforcement letter
April 16, 2014
JDA Aviation Technology Solutions
4720 Montgomery Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Toll Free: 1-877-JDA-AERO (877-532-2376)